Tuesday, February 05, 2008
Stick a Fork in it Baby!
It's done and I'm overall well-pleased with the end product!
Here's the recap: 1st...the Yarn: Berroco Uxbridge Tweed-discontinued-a rich brick red tweeded with brown, rust, olive and flecks of cream. Has the absolute color of a good vegetable marinara sauce! Aran weight, wool/cotton/acrylic blend. FROM STASH... old stash...purchased in 2000 from the now defunt Yarn Frenzy. I sure miss Sandy & Danielle...I digress.
Knitted on KPO size 6s & 4s for gauge.
The pattern: Amy King's More Stripes from Knitty.com. I had to go on faith with gauge and pattern instructions and common sense regarding V-neck to make the 32 1/2" size as specified. I am not 32 1/2" in bust, nor have I been since age 9 or 10. But I measured around my ribcage under my bust and it was about 33" so it kind of all made sense. I did make several modifications...first of all I used the wrong side of the K4pP1 fabric..then added a bit of length, 3" overall, and shaped the waistline for about 4" by going down 2 needle sizes. I also used a single crochet edging to finish the armholes and decrease bulk.
The STEEKING process was quite exhilarating! (link provided if you'd like continuity here!)
Picking up the neckline per the instructions made a really nice edging around the neck! Very 'finished' looking. I blocked her out to measurements. Voila'! I am really pleased with the outcome! It will look nice with work clothes or with jeans. And it really keeps my "vesty parts" warm!