Friday, February 01, 2008

Thorpe

I know, I know, you're waiting for "More Stripes...Only Not"...well, you're just going to have to wait a bit. I STILL haven't seamed it. Worked a LOT this week and just didn't feel like it after work...too dark...too tired...too whatever..waaahwaahwaah right! But I did knit a bit. I made a Thorpe! (you have to scroll down on the sidebar for the free pattern..very cute!)

The yarn is Misty Baby Alpaca in a Cream/Periwinkle Blue twist...mmmmm...so soft!



Can't you just feel the plush, luscious softness? Size Large, on Size 9 KPO's, about 1 and a half skeins. KNITTED FROM STASH!



And voila', in just two quick evenings....we have a Thorpe! Isn't she purty?



Mebbe a little salt & pepper for accent?



The man asked if he could give it to the gal that works at the drive through coffee shop "The Senior Bean". He thought she looked cold (it was -15 this morning!) She was very happy and sent me a darling hand drawn thank you note.

Just spreading a little warmth and cheer on a cold February day! Here's the view from my 'yarn room'.....clear...cold...love the sparkle of hoarfrost...glad I'm INDOORS!



Have a great knitterly day!

4 comments:

Arctic Knitter said...

Awesome Thorpe!!! You are too generous! Can't wait to see 'more stripes'. Happy Friday!

Grace said...

love your thorpe!!! Love the wool you used

Robin said...

I love the color, and it does look very soft! That drive-thru coffee gal must be thrilled!

junior_goddess said...

The tassles look like little hands.

(cue Hitchcock music here)