Monday, March 10, 2008

"Why Yes", frankly, "I WAS raised by wolves...."

"why do you ask?"...

Because I have neglected to blog my immense gratitude to Ruth, my swap buddy from the recent "Misfit Cocoa Swap", hosted by KnitBud Grace! I received my package sometime last week (or possibly even the week before!...sometimes when other family members pick up the mail, a package for the mom can sit silently waiting for days and days...just sayin'). After the recent teen trauma drama things had finally settled down enough to look around and start getting back into the bloggy/knitty/swappy routine again. So, here, I just have to gloat now over this wonderfully cheerful and warm swap package! Things are missing from the pics, I'll just tell you now! I ate the entire Green & Black's Organic Espresso Dark Chocolate bar IN ONE SITTING. Yes, all 3.5 oz of it. I needed the benefits for my blood pressure, and for the antioxidants. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

But just look at this! It's chocolat tea. It. Smells. HEAVENLY! I wish your computer had smellivision...seriously it's that good!



And the cocoa...well let's just say I've stashed that Ghirardelli Mocha Cocoa in my work locker for those all-night baby marathons. The Mint Cocoa...mmmm chocolate mint...has been mostly absconded with by the girl and the Grannymeister. I caught the unmistakable aroma of chocolate mint the other morning when they were watching TV...and they looked guilty! The Gingerbread Scones were delicious! The man was pressing the crumbs against his fork to get every last bit of yummyness!




Now let's talk YARN! Face it folks. I WAS SPOILED ROTTEN! I'm using the Baby Alpaca Worsted for a cabled hat JUST FOR ME! It's so soft, I just keep it by the computer to pet! The color is exactly the same as a Chai latte'! And do you see the gleam of silk in that Knitpicks Gloss....70% merino/30% silk...in the aptly named COCOA colorway. Yummmmmm.....2 skeins of this luscious stuff. I've wanted to make a brown shawl and this is absolutely perfect! Now just to decide upon the best pattern...decisions, decisions....

Ruth, it was great being your swapbuddy! You were wonderful and I just wish I had the graciousness and good manners that you have! It's been so nice to get to know you a little bit....and if you're ever up for some on-line team scrabble competition...lemme know!

3 comments:

Scrabblequeen said...

Your wish is my command. Look for an email from Scrabulous.com and we'll go head to head!

Robin said...

Reading about swap-y things always makes me hungry for chocolate. And sometimes, hamburger helper singles. (that last part was a little joke, for a certain someone).

Grace said...

great another happy swapper, glad that you were contented!!!!