Monday, October 01, 2007

Ssssswwwatchin'



Grandma Clara thought this was entrelac, but it's really a nifty easy lace pattern from Barbara Walker Treasury #1..the blue book...called Scroll Pattern, pg 220. The yarn is Devon from Elann.com in Rosewater...the needles, US 3s. I think this would look great in a worsted or aran weight self striping for a shawl. Definately hoping/thinking the irregularity of the sides will sort itself out in the blocking process. Devon is so nice to work with but I don't think i can/will do anything large on this size of needles...lovely soft hand the Devon has..very nice to knit with...too bad Elann's not going to restock it.
knit on!

6 comments:

Grace said...

I too enjoyed the Devon, so many of us did but not enough to restock it, I am sure they will surface with something new and wonderful to replace it. The pattern is divine, someday I must invest in the BW books

smariek said...

Oooh, very nice! This is my first time working with Devon and I like it too.

Ghislaine said...

I loved Devon too ... made a Harry Potter scarf with it. Too bad it won't be back at Elann.

I like that scroll stitch - it is used in one of the Sensational Knitted Socks books - I'm planning on trying it on a pair soon.

CatBookMom said...

Finally I pulled out some patterns last night and will try to get going with my square in Cocoa.

I wish they'd restock Devon and skip the Adara, among a couple of others.

Bea said...

Oh I kept planning to get Devon and just never did. The pattern looks good, hopefully it will straighten out with a good blocking.

Allison said...

That is really pretty and would make a great shawl! I think I'm glad they are out of it - must not buy more yarn . . . .