Sunday, November 12, 2006

Churro Family






MidwifeKnits

Here is a little album of the Amy Singer KnitWit pattern Churro. I've made at least one for every family member...several friends...and just recently modified it for an infant. The most recent ones for the family I've lined with polarfleece to 1) provide an extra layer of warmth-especially on windy days and 2) decrease itch potential. Using a 1/4 yard (actually less) of the polar fleece, I just cut a circle a little larger than the top of the hat, then a folded piece that follows the length and ear flap of the part from crown to brim. Sew this around the circle, then handstitch the lining into the brim/edging of the knitted hat. Anyway...these are quite popular in my neighborhood and I'll be making at least 2 more for holiday gifts for DH's best guyfriend and his sound technician.

3 comments:

CatBookMom said...

Thanks for the inspiring pictures of your SWS (?) churros. I love the colors and how the top photo shows the lovely design from the decreases. I cast on to try Jayne's pattern last night, and now I'm off to check out your pattern.

SooZ said...

These are very lovely hats! My girlfriend is coming over - I bought her some SWS a while back and she made a scarf. She'll be interested to see your works of art! Great Job!

Suzie

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lisa for sharing the beautiful hat. SK