Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Prom Pics



Otherwise known as "how to made a barrel racin', horse lovin' tomboy look like a lady!"

Prom was last Friday night for the girl. She went with a group of friends and didn't decide on going until just a few days beforehand. Luckily we had foofy dresses from balls and banquets past. One of her friend's sister does hair, and the girl got her very first 'updo'.

Look at that cascading mass......


Can't tell here if she's secretly happy about the hair or just annoyed at the whole process.....


The end product....two beautiful horsey girls...my girl's in black! They look so young and yet so very grownup at the same time!


Kelsey's (in blue) parents drove them to dinner, dance and picked them up afterwards (during our record breaking 22" spring snowstorm). Good times were had by all!

11 comments:

Robin said...

Lock up the boys! What a doll.
I remember prom VERY fondly...I wonder what became of that boy...

Tara said...

She looks absolutely beautiful! I was so gawky and awkward at her age, but she has such a grace about her. I'm glad she decided to go and had a good time. Good job, Mom - you raised a gorgeous young woman.

Scrabblequeen said...

Oh dear...it's moments like this that make me glad I have boys. I'd end up locking a beautiful girl like that away, to keep her safe and mine!

Holly Jo said...

She looks beautiful. I wonder if girls now feel as sophisticated as they look. Glad they still had their prom despite the HORRID weather.

smariek said...

How exciting, her first prom, her first updo(!). She looks lovely.

Unknown said...

She looks fantastic, stylish and all grown up. I'll bet she had a great time! Contratulations on raising such a wonderful, warm and tallented woman.

CatBookMom said...

The girl's updo is beautiful, and the two young ladies look so pretty. OK, what shawls did they take to keep warm?

Anonymous said...

Looking at them reminds me of when I was that age (yes, I can remember that far back!). Your beautiful daughter looks like you.
:)

Grace said...

beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a priceless picture! But don't they grow too fast?...

Marta

Fuzzy White Dogs said...

They are beautiful! What a wild & crazily unique thing to do - going to the prom during a snowstorm! I love it! Did you let them borrow a couple of your beautiful shawls?