I have NO IDEA what that means...but the lil' grandma Clara says it all the time, along with "lawzamercy" and "good grief charlie brown"....but it seems fitting to say something about the wayward Coachella.....
otherwise known as crap, crap, crap!
1) Great yarn sub for Berocco Suede. Check: Artfibers Ballet (discont'd.) 25%nylon/75% microfiber
2) Gauge. Check: 18st/4"spot on size 9s just like the pattern called for. (I never get row gauge so adjust accordingly)
3) Read through pattern and viewed other folks' interpretations. RACHAELLA was so bella!
4) I even tried it on once I was 10 rows below the armholes...just like the pattern says....and to assure appropriate length
5) I knit my freakin heart out this weekend because I want to wear this in Las Vegas Wednesday.
6) What I forgot to take into account...............i'm down from a 14/16 this time last year....to a 10 (and even...gasp...an 8 at last week's clothing sale shopping spree).....and yep...you guessed it....I made the wrong freakin size again. I like my clothes loose. Some folks even say baggy. I know this top is supposed to have negative ease. I figured if I made the 37" size it would be clingy and accent the curvature...did I measure the boobage on myself? Of course not! I've been the same size for years right? Did the fact that my bras haven't fit right (i.e. I'm always tugging them back down) for the past 2 months or so even enter my brain....of course not! Well guess what. I measured "the girls" afterwards....hah! 36"...no negative ease there.....
Maybe that's why the cowl hung down so low that wardrobe malfunction was guaranteed. I tried a quick fix....see the cute little crochet'd cord drawstringing the neckline up to a less censorious length.....but it really is just overall too big. CRAP!
So...the good news...1) I know I am now down to officially a size medium for most things. 2) I now know exactly what my measurements are....and they came as a delightful surprise....3) I know why I need new clothes....4) I LOVE the way the fabric knits up and the pattern in the correct size will be gorgeous and very wearable ....5) I have enough yarn left to make another in the correct size....6) and I'm going to gift this one to busty work buddy Barbara D.
You live....you learn.
Now....I need to figure out the travel knitting....maybe it's time to start on the holiday giftees eh?