1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate..with marshmallows or whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? wrap wrap wrap wrap everything!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? house: coloured. Tree: Big honkin old fashioned C9 multicolor lights outside and white lights on the tree.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? that would entail remembering where it was when i put it away last time, or remembering to buy more every year. No.
5. When do you put your decorations up? anytime between December 15th and Christmas eve..but usually around the 15th. NOT BEFORE because I'm scroogey that way.
6.What is your favorite holiday dish? Scotch eggs with honey mustard. Only make them for Christmas morning. And prime rib.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: my first bike. A purple glittery stingray with banana seat. And driving waaaaay out in the country to my Grandma Lynnie's. All of us grandkids would sleep on pallets on the floor out on the enclosed porch with propane heaters set up. There were usually at least 10 or 12 cousins and we'd chatter away.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was 8. It was awful. I was totally crushed. (But I truly believed I could fly if I wished and thought hard enough-until three days later, and I ran down the hall and tried to launch myself through the window-i broke my nose hitting the window ledge.) It was a rough year.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope...make everyone wait until Christmas morning!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? with white lights and lots and lots and lots of funky old ornaments, many handmade, and glittery glass balls now that DD is past the breakable/danger stage.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? pulease...i live in Alaska for crying out loud. Love it..until about March...then I'm ready for green grass.
12. Can you ice skate? But of course! Can't everyone?
13.Do you remember your favorite gift? As a child, the first bike. As an adult, the life size plastic torso with all organs and removable 32 week size fetus.....hey I'm a midwife and I use it daily at my office!
14.What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? trying to keep a cheerful disposition when the frantically greedy grabby hordes of shoppers, family, coworkers etc start getting to me. Ideally, Christmas would be a time of restraint on the giftiness with much more focus on spending quality time with the people i love.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Divinity.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Sitting down for Christmas dinner with the people I love.
17.What tops your tree? A homemade twig star, spray painted gold.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving. I usually feel uncomfortable and awkward receiving.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Deck the Halls
20. Candy Canes? Love them...on the tree and in my tummy! I love peppermint!