Monday, November 06, 2006

sensational shirttail & red scarf project



MidwifeKnits

The Sensational Shirttail from Arans & Celtics is finished. Signed, sealed, delivered...I'm yours! Schoeller Stahl Wonderwool Tweed-Avocado-12 balls-every bit of it (ok...maybe 30" left and the gauge swatch..that's it!) purchased from Elann.com back in Feb 06...great progress until bumped by the yet unfinished B&B..picked back up after the Kiri (still unfinished) fiasco! Ends woven over a few beers on a lazy Sunday afternoon. I'm liking it a lot...will wear it and see how it works for me.

Good progress on the Red Scarf Project--a simple Twin Rib pattern in Paton's Shetland Chunky Tweed. 75% acrylic, 25% wool. A nice warm cushy hand when knit up on size 10s, and the twin rib is unisex and reversible. Will be winging its way to Trish this week sometime.

5 comments:

CatBookMom said...

The sweater is beautiful and looks great on you. And Chunky Tweed scores another great Red Scarf! I used size 10s, too, and enjoyed knitting with that yarn a lot!

Grace said...

I love your sweater and Tweed in general seems to be the theme for red scarves, not the same brands of tweeds but they do rule!

junior_goddess said...

Your Red Scarf looks like my Red Scarf. Maybe they are secretly twins.

Your shirtail looks great!

LisaW. said...

Thanks for the compliments on the shirttail...it really is much more flattering than that early morning photo gives it credit for.

Anonymous said...

I love that cardigan! Just my color! It looks wonderful on you. And, I can't wait to get the scarf! Thank you so much. The women in my knitting group just gave me 2 more scarves this week.